Criminal Defense That Understands You
The penalties for criminal convictions in the United States can be harsh. Anyone charged with a crime can easily face thousands of dollars in fines, loss of a driver’s license and jail time.
Hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney to advocate for you, protect your constitutional rights and help mitigate negative repercussions to your criminal record is vital. Building a strong defense means finding a lawyer who understands you. For some, effective counsel is simply a matter of finding one who speaks your own language, such as Spanish.
Fluent In Criminal Defense And Español
At Bonilla Law Associates, P.L., we have a decade of experience defending members of our community in West Palm Beach, Florida, and the surrounding counties from a wide variety of criminal charges. Our firm is led by a former public defender with a long history of experience handling thousands of criminal cases. We know the law, the court rules and procedures and the prosecutors and judges.
Attorney Luis Bonilla is not only experienced in presenting a strong defense. As a Spanish-speaking attorney, he helps defend Hispanic people and families across Florida, the Caribbean, Central and South America—guiding them through the process in language that is clear and understandable.
Defending Against A Wide Range Of Charges
If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, we will use our knowledge and experience to help you defend against:
- Traffic offenses: We assist individuals facing serious traffic offenses including reckless driving.
- DUI charges: If facing a drunk driving charge, we can make sure your rights weren’t violated and proper procedures, including Breathalyzer and roadside tests, were followed.
- Drivers license suspension: Driving with a suspended license is a serous charge with potentially serious consequences for your record, but a strong, experienced defense may prevent you from losing a year to jail time.
- Driving without a valid license: If you are found driving without a license or with an expired license, you may be faced with a misdemeanor charge and possible jail time (up to 60 days). Support from our experienced attorney can help mitigate these consequences.
- Domestic violence: What may start as a charge from an altercation, including charges of battery and assault, may result in petitions for injunction for protection or additional family matters such as divorce or paternity and alimony or child support. We provide knowledgable defense every step of the way.
- Drug offenses: If you are facing a drug offense involving possession, sale or manufacturing of marijuana, crack cocaine or any other drug, we can help. We also represent individuals in drug trafficking matters.
- Theft-related crimes: We defend against a wide range of theft crimes including burglary, grand theft and petty theft. We also represent those facing complex large transactional theft crimes such as pyramid schemes, embezzlement and dealing in stolen property.
Experienced Juvenile Defense Attorney
We also assist with juvenile criminal charges. If your teenager or minor is facing a juvenile crime, call or contact us via the form below. Special procedures and rules apply to cases involving minors.
Call 561-832-4425 for a free consultation for criminal defense cases. Flexible appointments and jail visits available. Hablamos Español.